Laser welders for jewellers
Laser welding of precious metals offers high quality invisible joining in platinum, palladium, gold, silver, titanium and other jewellery metals. Using filler wires of the same material, strong joints can be achieved without compromising quality or speed.
Repair of damaged jewellery without unsetting heat-sensitive stones makes the task easier and faster by laser. Antique pieces can be repaired with only local heating, thus preserving the quality and appearance of the item.
Applications of laser welding
Typical applications for laser welding in the jewellery workshop include:
• Porosity removal from cast platinum pieces
• Ring sizing in platinum without any visible line
• Retipping and repairing claws
• Contemporary stone setting
• Antique jewellery repair in silver and other metals
Coherent Desktop 7004 Jewellery Edition
• Compact tabletop laser system for manual welding
• Colour TFT touch display
• Leica microscope
Coherent Performance 6002 Jewellery Edition
• Upgrade to the Desktop series, this is a powerful performer designed for constant use in any workshop
• Colour TFT touch display with internal controls for speedy adjustments
• Leica Microscope
The Chancellor has announced a new tax deduction aimed to stimulate investment by UK companies. Between 1 April 2021 and 31 March 2023, companies will be able to claim a corporation tax deduction at 130% of qualifying expenditure. This has not been extended to...
Hosted by the Imperial College Advanced Hackspace and the Association of Industrial Laser Users (AILU), join GVUK at this first-of-its-kind event and take a closer look at the Coherent-Rofin Desktop laser welder. Imperial College Advanced Hackspace, White City, London...